- Francis Price will be speaking at the 31st Annual Lancaster House Labour Arbitration and Policy Conference in Calgary. The conference will be held May, 30 - 31, 2013 at the Westin Calgary. Lancaster House is a leader in providing information on labour, and employment and human rights law and in serving the needs of employees, employers, professional organizations, unions, management and legal practitioners in Canada.
- Reynolds Mirth Richards & Farmer LLP is pleased to be an Eagle Sponsor at the 2013 ATB Financial Teddy for a Toonie Golf Tournament on Saturday, May 25, 2013. Teddy for a Toonie supports children's health at the Alberta Children's Hospital in Calgary and the Stollery Children's Hospital in Edmonton.
- Donald Lucky has been named among the world's leading Construction Lawyers by the International Who's Who of Construction Lawyers 2013 and the International Who's Who of Business Lawyers 2014. Since 1996, Who's Who Legal has identified the foremost legal practitioners in multiple areas of business law. Congratulations to Don for being recognized by Who's Who in both these categories.
- Francis Price has been nominated by the Edmonton Opera for the John Poole Award for Promotion of the Arts at the 26th Annual Mayor's Celebration of the Arts. The Celebration of the Arts is hosted by Mayor Stephen Mandel and the Professional Arts Coalition of Edmonton. Congratulations Francis.
- Congratulations to Sonny Mirth who has been selected to receive the AV preeminent peer review rating, the highest rating in legal ability and ethical standards. He has also been selected by the same group as a 2013 Top Rated Lawyer in Canada by the American Lawyer Media and Martindale-Hubbell. American Lawyer Media is a leading provider of news and information to the legal industry and they have teamed up with Martindale-Hubbell to highlight Canada's Top Rated Lawyers.
- Cherisse Killick-Dzenick and Carol M. Zukiwski spoke at the Alberta Assessor's Association Annual Conference on the topic "Interpreting Legislation" on Wednesday, April 24, 2013.
- Matthew Woodley chaired the workshop Civil Advocacy Series: Experts. The course was a comprehensive overview of the conduct of an effective examination of an expert witness, and incorporated substantive legal principles with demonstrations and panel discussions, along with an optional afternoon skills workshop.
- Carol M. Zukiwski taught for the Foundation of Administrative Justice on the topic "Different Types of Reasons for Different Types of Cases" on Wednesday, April 10 and Thursday, April 11, 2013.
- RMRF LLP was challenged by PCL's employees to participate in this year's Bust a Move 2013 on Saturday March 23, 2013. Bust a Move is a six hour fitness extravaganza that helps raise funds for the Cross Cancer Institute and the Alberta Cancer Foundation. The Alberta Cancer Foundation is a movement for cancer-free lives today, tomorrow and forever. Their mission is to deliver progress in cancer research, prevention, treatment and care by generating community investment for Alberta's coordinated research strategy, the Cross Cancer Institute, Tom Baker Cancer Centre and 15 other cancer centres throughout the province.
- Carol M. Zukiwski chaired the panel at the Legal Education Society Seminar on the topic "Municipal Law Basic" on Thursday, March 14 and Wednesday, March 20, 2013.
- Carol M. Zukiwski chaired the Municipal Law Course presented by the Legal Education Society of Alberta. The event took place on Thursday, March 14, 2013 at the Sutton Place Hotel. Carol also presented on the topics of Limitation Periods in the Municipal Government Act and Municipal Decisions and Delegation at the same event. This course taught fundamental municipal law principles. Topics included planning and development, land acquisition, expropriation, assessment and taxation, and responsibilities of council and administration.
- Reynolds Mirth Richards & Farmer LLP was pleased to present a painting to commemorate the Shepherd's Care Vanguard grand opening on Wednesday, February 13, 2013. The Shepherd's Care Foundation has a long history of providing Christian care for low to moderate income seniors within an age in place environment. The piece will be on display in the Vanguard for the enjoyment of its residents and visitors.
- Reynolds Mirth Richards & Farmer LLP was proud to be part of raising donations during "Heart Month" during the month of February for the Heart & Stroke Foundation. Proceeds raised go towards critical heart and stroke research. The Heart & Stroke Foundation is a volunteer-based health carity, which leads in eliminating heart disease and stroke and reducing their impact through the advancement of research and its application, the promotion of healthy living and advocacy.
- Thank you to those that attended our 2013 Municipal Law Seminars. Sessions were held in Edmonton, Grande Prairie, and Airdrie and all were a great success.
- RMRF LLP is proud to announce that members of the firm have been recognized in the 2013 Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory (17th Edition). E. Sonny Mirth, Fred Kozak, Michael McCabe and Donald Lucky have been chosen directly by their peers to be published in the directory as leading practitioners. The Canadian Legal Lexpert is the most comprehensive guide to legal talent in Canada. It identifies leading lawyers across Canada in 64 different practice areas.
- We are proud to announce that Francis Price, Q.C. was awarded with a Queen's Diamond Jubilee Medal for his service to the community on January, 19th, 2013. The Queen's Diamond Jubilee Medal is given to honor Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II for her service to this country, and in the same respect, the Queen's Diamond Jubilee Medal honors significant contributions and achievements by Canadian Citizens. Congratulations to Francis for the recognition of his hard work and dedication to the Edmonton community.
- We are pleased to announce that Marco Poretti has become a Partner with our firm. Marco has a broad range of experience before Federal and Alberta courts, tribunals and arbitrators. He is a certified mediator bringing over 24 years of litigation experience to RMRF. We are proud to offer his depth of experience to our clients.
- Best Lawyers, a highly-respected peer review guide to the legal profession worldwide, has recognized seven of our firm lawyers in their various areas of practice in the seventh edition publication. Recognized as being leaders in the Edmonton marketplace are:
- E. Sonny Mirth, QC (Banking and Finance / Real Estate Law)
- Michael J. McCabe QC (Insolvency and Financial Restructuring)
- Frederick Kozak QC (Defamation and Media Law)
- Donald C.I. Lucky (Construction Law / Defamation and Media Law)
- Marco Poretti (Aboriginal Law)
In addition, E. Sonny Mirth has been named the Best Lawyers' 2013 Edmonton Banking and Finance "Lawyer of the Year." Congratulations to all.
- Written by our very own Rick Ewasiuk, the second edition of "Drafting Shareholder Agreements" has been launched by Carswell. Congratulations to Rick on this accomplishment.
RMRF News Archives
RMRF LLP is an Edmonton-based law firm that provides high caliber legal representation to local, national and international clients. Our lawyers have been achieving excellence since 1915.